New York, July 19, 2013 – Today, we are very happy to announce the launch of the Third Annual AID FOR AIDS Holiday Card Design Competition! For the past three years AID FOR AIDS (AFA) and Parsons design students have teamed up to create unique holiday cards, with all proceeds going to support the life-saving work of AFA. Sales from the cards help to combat HIV and at the same time showcase the immense talent found at Parsons The New School for Design. We are so thrilled to be holding the competition again this year!
As part of the competition we are looking for submissions that range anywhere from corporate and traditional to adventurous and lively. AFA’s theme for the year is “An AIDS-Free Generation,” which we would like to see reflected in the cards as well. Submissions must be received no later than September 20th. A panel of three judges will review the designs, and the contest winners will be announced on Friday, September 27th.
Students participating in the competition must take in account the following guidelines:
- • Participants will be designing the front and inside of the AID FOR AIDS Christmas/Holiday Card
- • Three winners will be chosen and the winners’ names will appear on the back of the card along with the AFA logo. Winners will also receive recognition in all communications related to the competition
- • Artwork must be submitted as a high res (300 dpi) 5” X 7” PDF with crop marks and 1/8 bleed all the way around
- • The name of the PDF file submitted should follow the format (first name-last name.pdf)
- • Theme “For an AIDS-Free Generation”
- • Please submit your designs by email to EGuzman@aidforaids.org with the subject line “Parsons Design Submission.” Please include your name and contact information in the body of the email.
Winners of the competition in previous years had their designs featured on our website, and one of the winners even had her design selected by Marc Jacobs as their annual corporate holiday card. Submitting a design for the competition could provide you with recognition and help launch your design career, not to mention the amazing financial support it could bring to AID FOR AIDS in support of its mission to save lives one by one.
For more information about the Holiday Card Competition, please contact Eduardo Guzman at EGuzman@aidforaids.org or by phone at 212-337-8043. We look forward to seeing all the creative and inspiring designs from these gifted students and future top designers!
About AID FOR AIDS
Founded in 1996, AID FOR AIDS is a non-profit organization committed to empowering communities at risk for HIV and the population at large, by developing their abilities and capacities in comprehensive prevention through access to treatment, advocacy, education, and training to improve their quality of life and reduce stigma and discrimination.
AID FOR AIDS works in three key areas:
a) Access to treatment and case management; b) Advocacy; and c) Education and training. The organization has also developed the largest HIV Medicine Recycling Program in the world, through which we recover unused and unexpired medication and redistribute it to people without access to treatment in developing countries. For more information, visit our website: www.aidforaids.org